My dear sweet boy,
I miss you and there are no words.
I see the days passing by the second,
and I can faintly hear the birds.
I feel the weight of the hours,
and I know you're smiling,
but here I am, alone,
even my spirit is crying.
They tell me that you're happy,
that you're perfect and whole,
then why am I left here like this?
So sad and so cold.
I miss you're sweet little laugh.
your smile and stare,
Your cry was my cry,
These memories are hard to bear.
I sleep to see you,
Your bone is my bone.
Your hurt I wanted
all for my own.
O my little love,
I would have traded my own life for yours.
Where my heart once was
just an ember still burns.
Heart of my own heart,
flesh of my flesh,
Did you know who to look for up there
when you left?
They tell me you're not in the ground,
but your little body I carried,
where I went you went with me,
where I tarried you tarried.
We grew together,
so how can I not cry?
A mother cannot soon forget,
that precious special time.
No, cold stones and earth do not suite you,
you were meant for so much more.
I can't find the sun,
not when my own heart is tore.
Can you see me?
Do you know who I am?
Will you recognize me
when Our Father calls me home again?
The sun keeps shining,
and down comes the rain,
and I want it all to stop without you.
I never wanted this pain.
I do not want to snow and the lights,
I do not want the spring and the warm nights,
I wanted to watch you and your blue eyes,
as you learned about the world and the skies.
My sweet little love,
there are mothers and fathers,
and other babies all around,
and I can't help but feel it's all unfair,
that mine own hope is buried in the ground.
I miss you my son,
My smile may return, we will see,
I never wanted to leave you,
I never thought you would leave me.
You left with the angels,
your own set of wings,
O Little Son of mine,
explain to me these things.
Why Our Father called you home,
why I'm left alone,
why the days continue on,
and the nights seem so long.
One day I will be with you,
and I won't let you go.
For now I'm still waiting for my rainbow.
There's been enough rain.
I'm watching the sky patiently,
and I can't wait to see you again.
Little wee lad,
I can here you say,
Don't be sad Mommy,
Don't cry, it's going to be OK.
You're Mommy isn't sad,
she just misses you so,
where I once had my heart,
there's just a big hole.
I will see you again,
in my dreams every night,
until then hold on to me tight.
I Love you my son,
I hope that much you know.
Tell the Father to Watch over me and your daddy,
everywhere we go.
Keep smiling my little Avery
and dance on the clouds,
I will play your little mobile.
those are those tinkling, familiar sounds.
I kept that precious toy,
if you can hear it in heaven,
I hope they bring you joy.
My love to you above all things,
You left me with butterflies,
My little love with angel wings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I have no words. Just tears. Love you all!
ReplyDelete