Dear Friends-
This email is a bit longer but I need the help so please read it when you have the time! It concerns the NPO I'm trying to start in Avery's honor, so it deserves a wee bit of your time!
As some of you know I've been frantically trying to get funds together for my to-be-official NPO "Avery's Angels" to establish the first Gastroschisis Center for Research and Support. I have families now who need the help and support and I'm at a stand-still because I can't get to them, because we don't have the funds.
We had a very impromptu "bakesale" of www.nymcookies and my cake pops last Weds that generated around $100 from just my school. So the ball is rolling.....but I need help badly!
The need is urgent and great. My inbox is full daily from families, now the national medical community as well as the UNC Hospital to get this going. The doctors need it, the medical teams need it, the families of current and expecting gastroshcisis babies need it as well as "survivors." I also have to tell you, unfortunately, I've been in contact with several families who have "angels" and their need for a place to get answers and support.
My goal is to get Avery's Angels recognized as an official NPO before the start of the New Year. I know that maybe ambitious, but with babies now, babies coming and those who are searching so hard, I can't make it any more urgent than it already is.
Here's where I desperately need help.
1) I have to raise $500-$1000 to file for NPO status. (Frustrating for me because I would much rather that go to research or families.) But in order for the IRS to not come after me and to also be able to get larger sponsors, I have to have official NPO status. If you know of any wealthy patrons who would be willing to contribute or help, or if you yourself can give any that would be so very helpful. We have around $100 so far.
2) I need a CPA and Lawyer who are committed to serving a good cause and won't be after the money. I obviously won't have that much to offer currently, and I'd rather not the headache of that monetary distraction/stress as we proceed forward. I'm not saying they have to necessarily be Pro-bono, but so long as they're committed to helping first and making money second, then great.
3) A webdesigner who can do an amazing professional website. I really want to purchase the www.gastroschisis.com domain, which will take some serious funds. (I may settle for gastroschisis.org) I don't want to just throw up just another webpage. God bless all the little factions of gastroschisis people out there, but when you're struggling for answers, yes, it's comforting to know there are others out there but you're really seeking to find concrete and reliable answers.There's no concrete website out there that provides all the information, comprehensively, for support, research, and medical information that's run by a credible source. UNC has agreed to help maintain the medical portion of the site. I need a website to be maintained on several levels; 1) medically speaking, which UNC has agreed that they will help with providing the information and getting any updates 2) a place to donate to research (I know some people would probably just like to be part of this) 3) for support for families through volunteers and veteran and fellow families. So dates for events, ways to contact, stories, etc. and 4) a place and a way for people all over the world to donate to Avery's Angels, sponsor or get involved.
I know times are tough, which is another reason our need is so great. I know that requests for funding is coming from everywhere. I can't tell you how much of an immediate affect this will have though. However, even suggestions and pointers will help at this point.
Please forward this email to anyone whom you think maybe helpful! You can contact me at, meghanhall07@gmail.com, after an initial email I will be willing to offer my phone number! To get more information at angelaverysmommy.blogspot.com
I can also send out the document with our brochure/flier. I am absolutely willing to have copies made and sent to whomever you may recommend or to have on hand. Please let me know the amount and the address.
Thank you all for your time and enjoy the special season.
Love and blessings
Meg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


hey meghan,
ReplyDeletei was just reading about you starting your NPO and i love what you are doing. I'm currently studying business in school and have recently taken interest in learning grant writing as a side business. I don't know enough to feel comfortable doing it yet because the idea only came to me a few weeks ago, but i'd love to help you find possible funders and write proposals for you when you get to that stage (for free of course) Let me know if you are interested in my help...my email is on facebook.
Jill Brewer