I'm sorry I haven't posted in a minute. I've come through some medical fun-ness. I'm sure my doctors turned into vampires for 3 weeks there. O well! At least that's done! I'm feeling much better too!
So Avery's Angels is well on it's way! We have so many new faces who have reached out for help or to help and we are getting the site up soon (look for it in a few weeks!) and UNC Hospitals has created a whole team for our medical web needs. It's very promising.
If you have been referred to this site looking for support please email me at meghanhall@averysangels.org We have a library of support available to you and whatever you may need, medical answers, hospital referrals, support, or just to talk we can get you plugged in!
(I LOVE SAYING WE!!!)
If you are an existing group or related group I want to enlist your help and support. We're taking everything out there to the next level. And we want you and your members listed to broaden your efforts, help you and also have your help with what we have going on! Put it this way, if every gastroschisis site out there could umbrella there would be a family in each county in the US with gastroschisis experience who could help another family. Let's do this!!!
I will forewarn everyone that I'm thankful that I will no longer be the sole face and spokesperson for this endeavor. The websites will be up and you will see how many thousands of families out there all need Angels (that's us!) and how we're getting to them AND how our angels and babies (some of whom are grown!) helping everyone.
(And I can start journaling again!!)
Cycles of grief are tricky and I don't want anyone who is searching for answers to be dissuaded and overwhelmed by some of the content here. YOUR PROGNOSIS IS GOOD! Our Avery boy was a little anomaly but his carepath was not. That is my motivation, our motivation (I LOVE SAYING OUR TOO!!!) That we know how alone it feels and how little there is out there that you can get to for a real answer. There's a lot, scattered everywhere, but we're getting to answers in one place to inform you and give you some of that control and power back that I'm sure you're feeling got yanked right out of your hands. Your baby is going to be on an amazing adventure. And we're here to get you through it all.
LET US HELP! I know we sound like every other website out there for right now, but the good news is we have reached their admins and hopefully soon we'll be all together. And we can offer a DIRECT LINE OF COMMUNICATION WITH ONE OF THE MOST EXPERIENCED GASTROSCHISIS COMMUNITIES AND HEALTH FACILITIES IN THE NATION! (It will come from a doctor with a UNC email address so don't believe me? Just try! hehe)
Join us! Meet us! Let us meet you! Let us help you!
Love from so so many at Avery's Angels
Meg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment