Sunday, November 29, 2009

Musings Part 3

Yes Hannah and I share a deep consuming desire. A plight, but more importantly, an obsession. And I can't count how many times I've begged God from rock bottom and made the promise to "do anything" but I haven't left the sanctuary yet, with dry eyes.

So here's where we get back to God.

I've been talking a lot about me, because I've been feeling a lot of me. Me hurts, me aches, me wants, me doesn't understand, me not patient, me worried, me stressed. Me me me me. God help me, God grant me, God please me me me me.

So what?

Freak out, yes, I just said "So what?"

So what? Really? After that list? Meghan, you've really lost your mind.

Well maybe I have and maybe I haven't.

You see Genesis 1:27 says that God created us man and woman in His image.

Maybe it's because I'm an artist or maybe because I refuse to see God in a literal human form; this passage has meant something special to me throughout the years and I'll explain why. (I am also thankful the Eldredges put this idea in their books, especially "Captivating," because it brought me a wee bit of justice.)

I firmly believe that this passage means that we carry the image of God in our emotions. In that which is unseen, we mirror our Creator, for as these emotions are unseen, it is like the very nature and essence of our Heavenly Father. Compelling, real and powerful, but not tangible or seen. The two parts, man and woman, counter and compliment each other, just as the nature and feelings of an all encompassing God. As women are empathetical and sensitive, as our God, and men are bold and assertive, as our God. The image we reflect in our feelings, passions and emotions is the image of God placed uniquely inside each of us.

Let's face it. Really? God's image is something that walks by tripping forward? That has only two eyes, 10 fingers and two legs? (However I should say here that God's creation is perfect and that He sees fit that we are more than capable to take care of His plan in and with the physical form He created for us.)

Again I digress.

Hannah, me, God, Holy Spirit, in His image.....

No comments:

Post a Comment