Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GASTOSCHISIS.ORG IS NO LONGER A DREAM!

This morning, thanks to the tireless efforts and generosity of Herb Ritcher we have officially acquired gastroschisis.org

Here is the why and purpose of of gastroschisis.org:

Currently our babies are under sub pages of hospital sites. There are plenty of support groups and places to post pictures and stories but when you get the diagnosis and you google the disease for information all that will pop up is a definition and that it will be a 30-60 day stay in the hospital with a silo. No mention of the reasons why, research, pre-natal care paths, neo-natal care paths that most commonly occure, resources and information for all stages of gastroschisis.

There is just nothing comprehensive and definitive that you hang your hat on. There is nothing to give any of our parents any peace, any sense of control or any sense of comfort medically speaking. There's no site to send your friends and family to when they ask and the information your practitioner will have to provide to you will also be very limited.

gastroschisis.org will be 100% medically comprehensive for all stages of gastroschisis and include information on research and development from accredited medical staff. No more searching and wondering "if;" is this site credible? Where can I find more information? What's going on? What can I expect? One complete comprehensive site for education, awareness and medical support for all stages of gastroschisis, pre, neo and home/angel bound.

You no longer will have parents "learning as they go" or medical staff the same apparent disconnect between one facility to the next. This site will branch out and provide communication between hospitals and medical communities to not only unit families but unite the gastroschisis medical community.

In addition and for the peace of all families, there will be resources on research and development and a place to donate to see that progress is made in all aspects of the disease: repair, causes and prevention.

Herb and his family have blessed us tremendously with this gift. We will be able to have full control over the site in 60 days. In the meantime we will be posting information as it is collected on gastroschisisresearch.org, then both sites will be linked. In that 60 day time I will be collecting the information from videos to research and information on all things medically gastroschisis from UNC Hospitals and working on the skeleton structure of the site with our volunteers and support. I need input and requests from families.

I need the word to spread that information is coming. Pass along our twitter (4gastroschisis) our facebook (Avery's Angels NPO) and my email to one and all (meghanhall07@gmail.com) We will need much fundraising to help our families. GOD has worked in all those who have gotten this project this far.

I am so overwhelmed by where we are today as opposed to when I first started dreaming.

Thank you all. I can't say more.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment