Dear friends!
We have had just a wealth of help and support come in for the New Year. We have officially acquire, thanks to Herb Richters, Grandfather of Angel Amara from CA, the domain averysangels.org! This will be our support site for families. There will be a wealth of information about families in your area who can supply support for gastroschisis as well as professional support and other resources!
I meet with the medical staff at UNC the end of this month for content for the medical portion of the site. There will be a ton of information that we collect for all stages of gastroschisis from diagnosis to care paths to home resources. Everything you can possibly ever need will be posted on the site.
We have a Twitter account- 4gastroschisis we have Facebook pages and causes: Avery's Angels NPO. Look them up! Join them and spread the word!!! I'm looking to create a list serve for families to know our progress and get ideas and information and support!
We also have a bank account through Wachovia informally until we are officially registered! It had to be filed under my name but the title is Meghan Hall Avery's Angels. We will be able to post a link to donate directly online.
We still desperately need the following:
$500 for our domain name gastroschisis.org PLEASE donate to this cause! It is so so so needed! We have the medical community ready to post information that will be a comprehensive site for our families to know what to expect at all stages of gastroschisis as well as medical support.
Families to join and support us! please pass along our information! We can do so much to support families right now! I want to start a listserv to get peoples information, what they would like to see us be able to do and supply to them, any suggestions. Get the word out!
A CPA- as I have stated before, our funds are very very limited but we are offering a permanent position on our board. I need someone who is committed to helping and serving the families here and all over our nation and world.
$2000+ is our fund raising goal for the first 3 months (so by March.) That will go towards the purchase of our domain name, all of our legal and fiscal responsibilities as a NPO and filing for NPO status as well as nationally! We also will begin to provide care and support to families who are currently undergoing gastroschisis repair at any major hospital. Hopefully we can get our paperwork through and start getting our support to families everywhere. Through just our recent work we are realizing how global this effort needs to be. As I have said, Angel Amara's family is on the west coast and have contacted me. As soon as our NC chapter is up for Avery's Angels, I have to start sending Herb support to start a chapter in CA, and as soon as our website starts linking our large community, the need will spread fast.
Donating a Laptop-this sounds funny, but I don't currently have a home computer. I have been emailing, posting and searching all from my cell phone. My college computer has died and we currently aren't in a position to run out and spend $300-$1000 on a laptop. So if you'd like to donate a working one with wireless Internet capabilities, I would be deeply indebted.
There's no limit to what we can do! We're building a foundation to be here for as long as the disease exists. I won't stop. I buried my son but I won't bury his hope.....
I do plan on sending receipts or official thank yous once we have our NPO status. That way if you can't claim your donation officially this tax season (and you have until April 15th to file and so do we!) you can claim it next go 'round. I have been trying to write thank you's to all donations currently.
Immediate goal is getting the paper work through and the domain! Contact me any time 24-7 to help!
meghanhall07@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment