Dear friends-
I have a scheduled meeting with Dr. Helmrath pediatric surgeon, Dr. Marshall attending neo-natologist, the director of large donations Cutler Andrews, the OBGYN coordinator for high-risk pregnancies Maya Lindley, Dr. Helmrath's pediatric surgery nurse practitioner and the president elect of APSNA (American Pediatric Surgery Nurses Association) Lynne Farber, Tara Bristol director of the March of Dimes at UNC Hospitals on January 25th. I plan on discussing content for the site and collecting their thoughts on the direction we need to be heading, collecting resources, basically picking the brains of everyone who is deep into the care and current research of gastroschisis.
Dr. Helmrath, if I haven't already told you, receives 5 million a year from the government in grants to study gastrointestinal repair. It goes without saying this research is central to gastroschisis care and patients. Dr. Helmrath also performs the bulk of gastroschisis surgeries here at UNC Hospitals which currently sees the highest number of gastroschisis patients in the country right now, between 50-100 babies a year. If there is anyone to ask it would be him. Please please, I'm opening up this opportunity to anyone who needs questions asked or would like to request specific information or resources from him.
I want you all to compile lists of things you may want me to ask or have covered at the meeting. It is very rare that I can collect this particular group of people together in one room. So I want it to be as thorough as possible. Spread the word amongst your friends and groups so we can compile and sort through all that needs to be. I think the next time I will be able to do this is sometime in March/April. Please email me your comments/questions/suggestions/concerns at meghanhall07@gmail.com
The Family Support Network of NC has generously offered to train all of our NC volunteers to able to provide parent to parent support. I am hoping to go through the training in February or March. It is also my intention of partnering with them to see what we can set up for this training to be accessible to others in other states. If you would like to be a part of this or want more information please contact me at meghanhall07@gmail.com ASAP!
This is our progress so far. I am desperate to get ahold of some of you so in your spare time please contact me, any time of day or night via email again at meghanhall07@gmail.com
Love to all I'm so excited about our progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment