Avery's Angels will be the NPO supporting, funding and backing gastroschisis.org. It will also be the site for a complete library of support resources. Not only will families be able to post pictures and stories, we are going to link you with parents in your state, in your area so that you have someone to call, talk to, email, touch, meet with. There will be a support system that isn't just purely web-based. You will have someone to meet you in the hospital and vent to, call for, seek help or just be available.
The site and NPO will help get Avery Angels established for all states and eventually nations for support networking. There will be places to go for counseling, group sessions, how to get financial support for traveling/working parents, care for parents with children, grief counseling, help with any funeral arrangements, case workers/counselors/facilities sensitive and familiar with cases, breast feeding support, all of it. It's going to be a library for any type of support.
I have contacted the Family Support Group of NC and will be getting trained to be a support parent through their services. They have generously offered to train any of our NC parents for the same purposes. I plan on asking how to branch this out nationally for our other support/Avery's Angels.
Avery's Angels will provide support in all forms: fiscally, emotionally, however any way we can provide help we will. The two sites will be linked gastroschisis.org and averysangels.org, each with it's distinct purpose, one medical support in all forms and the other family, financial and emotional support.
It's a huge undertaking. But it's needed. Some of you know more than others. Spread the word. We need people to become aware and help in all aspects, volunteers, potential pioneers for states to have their own Avery's Angels, fundraising, awareness. I want to hear from parents and support teams now on what they need, what they need us to be considering as we get the networks started, as we lay a foundation.
I'm so excited. I'm so happy, I have been so blessed. Everyone who has helped and pushed us to this point, I am overwhelmed.
I can only say:
Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment