Sunday, September 13, 2009

Called out!

So I wrote a blog not to long ago about living a quiet life and keeping to myself. It's safe, quiet and drama free. Then Jimmy had to call me out this morning at church.

If you haven't put your roots into a church yet, let me start off by telling you several things first. Journey church in Raleigh NC is a great place to start. It is a large church but you're not going to get lost. They don't just greet you, the recognize right away if you're new and get you settled. If you let them, they will take care of you. Pastor Jimmy and Paul both called me the week I first came. And I wanted to blend in.

You need to have a church family. Church isn't like putting on purfume or cologne. If you thinking going to church on sunday saves your soul or fullfills the duties of a Christian you're terribly misguided. It's not about religion, like Jimmy will tell you, it's about a relationship. If you wouldn't want to be married to someone you only spent Sunday with then how can you be ok with just making Sunday your day with the one who saved your soul?

Hosea 2:16. It's on my ankle, look it up and figure it out.

I feel passionately about this, because it's the gospel truth. God held the original Chrisitians like Paul and Matthew in prision or put to death. The least you can do is carry Him in your heart everyday and to those around you.

And get with your Church family. I have gotten through my tough patches the best with them. With my grandfather, I turned to myself and people who did nothing but loose me farther from myself and the truth. It was easy, but I lost even more of myself.

So what if you don't know them. If you have a reason, an excuse, you have fear. Grow some balls, take a chance, stop being scared. I think those who are closer to the truth probably have a stronger shoulder and can grasp your heart more than those who could careless about seeing you after you're gone. If your friends haven't given much thought to your soul and are more concerned with the plans for the weekend you have some pretty bad friends. And I mean that.

I could go on forever, someday I'm going to, but not right now.

As I was saying, Jimmy called me out. I can't carry a banner in my living room or just in my limited group of friends.

My fear is getting caught up in it and be worried about things that aren't worthy of my bother.

But God put this on my heart today; Be among but not a part.

So in other words, be there as a friend but don't be a part of the unholy sin. Sin is an action, an intent. I don't have to be a part of that. I can be a light in the darkness. A truth among lies. Soap to the dirt and water to the fire.

God also put my motto on my heart; the banner for my fight, I suppose. I know He will be directing me more on what it is sepcifically in coming time;

Live in light, chase the darkness.

I'm gonna. I will be the friend that holds up the mirror. I will be the light even among believers, because I really get disgusted by that. I really would rather a person who doesn't know or says they're a Christian and makes poor choices, then one who calls themselves a Christian and makes choices in opposition. Those who showup on Sunday and don't pay attention to the surmon, make bad decions and then try and justify it with "biblical"passages. Do it all or none of it at all. What's the worth of saying you're something when you're only partly that way.

His son hung on the cross for you and you're only going to give yourself to Him when it suites you?? Come on!! Give me a frigging break!

I have a lot to sort out before I really start my actual mission. A lot I have to get straight in my own life before I go on. There's school to be done too. But I'm ready. There will be more to be said, but when God's made me ready.

His time, His plan. I give it to the one who knows more and better than me. Than us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment