One of the issues I'm struggling with these days is how believing in Christ is easier for some than others. What I mean to say is, how many people have had to truly wrestle with God, and how many have just lived a comparably easy life and believing in Christ just came naturally. So many of the worship songs lift spirits in this way, talking about how the fullness of life wasn't discovered until Christ filled their life, directed and took hold. But how often do you get a Jeremy Camp song like, I still believe, that talks about believing Christ in the most bitter of times. I'm sure many people look at my life and think I'm crazy for following Christ. Everything one would never want to happen in their lives has happened to me SINCE I've been Saved. So I suppose a person could think I'm completely off my mark.
Well I want to say two things to these two different people;
What can you tell someone when they turn to you and ask where God's hand is in the places of pure apparent neglect; think on children of extreme abuse, countries and families distroyed by genocide and astounding poverty and deprevation. What will you say to these people? The ones who are in it and the ones who see it?
The other person I ask; what sense is it to believe or have reason to hold onto a dogma only when your life is good or well? If the cup always holds water, it's still a cup and holds the same function with or without water. The beauty is that God still exist, in the mist of it all.
I realize that everything I ascribe to that leads me through a day seems to be the "Purple Coolaide" Jesus talk and let me throw this out there as fact;
There is nothing by means of logical consistency (meaning a valid and sound argument) to prove the existence of God.
Simple English: Logically God doesn't make sense.
He doesn't necessarily follow; there isn't a logical game you can play to make Him make sense.
I studied Philosophy in school. I was also a beginning Christian at this point too. I love logic and did quite well in my concentration which was Value Theory, or applied Ethics.
Christians should stop trying to prove God exists through Science and Logic. Because we won't win and guess what;
THAT'S OK!
The truth is when there is a challenge like that, the wrong questions are being asked.
It's not our responsibility to prove to people that God exist. It's our responsibilty to expose His purpose in our lives and what He offers.
God proves Himself directly to those who are sincerely searching.
Do not try to do a God job with human hands. I always conceed the arguement when people ask "Meghan, what about the problem of evil?" They're asking the wrong question. They're not seeking Christ, they're looking for the opposite, things and words to validate their position against God.
Which is ok. Because you know how you prove to them God?
You love them anyway. You pull a Hosea. You're the first person they call in a jam and their best friend. Yes, you tell them about God without saying a single word. And when they tell you thanks, or give you praise you look right back at them and say:
It's not me, it's God in me.
It will be just words at first, crazy talk to them even, but someday it will register. When they have begun to shed their pride, vanities and self regard.
Conceed the argument but win the war. You allow God to do the arguing in what He does through you for them.
Then they'll start asking the real questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment